Reset Eset Nod32 Admin / Settings Password

So I came across a big problem at work today. We had installed Eset Nod32 v 3.0.695 on 300 sites each using the same admin password.

The guy who sorted this all out, with all his wisdom, forgot the password!!

Anyway after 3 days straight of googling I came across a few obscure russian sites that pointed me in the correct direction along with a slightly helpful guide on Eset’s knowledge base.

The page from the Eset Knowledge Base provided me with a helpful unlock tool, but with a downside. I had to run it on the computer with the locked Eset and email the code it provides to Eset Support and wait for a reply.

Although this is great for just one or two computers with locked Eset’s, I had over 300.

Now this Russian site I found, it provided me with an unlock code generator. Used in conjunction with the official Eset Unlock tool I managed to unlock and remove the Password!

Below is the guide and a link to the files you will need.

1-      Open Eset Unlock Tool

2-      Write down code displayed.

3-      Open Unlock Code Generator

4-      Delete existing code displayed and replace with one that you got from the Eset Unlock Tool

5-      Hit .gen (generate)

6-      Copy the generated code into the Eset Unlock Tool

7-      Press Enter… Done!

Files – http://www.mediafire.com/?s11bve2c2xrmz29

Enjoy!

28 Responses to “Reset Eset Nod32 Admin / Settings Password”

1. Mahmoud says:

works for
    eset smart security 5 successfully successfully successfully successfully successfully successfully

2. Mahmoud says:

many many many many many maaaaaaaaaany
    thanks my lord

==============

any one faced it’s not working just try to restart your pC and
    try again and it will working successfully

it about my personal experience

thanks

3. Sage says:

am running eset smart security 5 and its not working for me… any help please…. i cant even uninstall it… and i can remember the password i used either…

• Deset says:

Cannot help there unfortunately as it is a different Eset product, this tool only works with Nod32 as far as I know.

4. Igor says:

Thanks. I don’t have 300, only 25 computers to unlock but it is much easier when not having to contact ESET. This tool rocks :-)

5. Mike says:

“Please note, this information is provided strictly for informative purposes only for someone like me who needs to unlock their own installations of Eset and dont have time to wait for Eset Support to get back with valid codes.”

Malicious users will most definitely benefit more from this than anybody else, very nice of you indeed. :)

6. CK says:

Hm, does not appear to work for me. Followed the steps exactly. Keep getting “ERROR: Permission denied”. Running version 4.0.437.0

• Deset says:

Hello,
      At which point do you get this error message?
      What operating system are you running?
      Are you running within a domain environemnt?
      Are you able to access the local admin account, or another account with privileges to run applications?

7. Lukasss says:

Hi, i’ve searched like 30min in net for “Unlock Code Generator” and didnt find. Please, give me link to download this program.

cheers

8. Kerstin says:

Very useful tool, I would really need it. But I’m in a “Moment 22″ situation here. ESET won’t allow me to download this and I cannot turn off ESET because I have forgotten my password :-)

• Deset says:

The Eset Unlock Tool should work on the PC with ESET running on it as it is an official Eset utility.
      If you have access to another PC, you can run the Unlock Code Generator on there and follow the above steps as normal, although you will obviously not be able to copy & paste the codes!

9. sas says:

Link dead need help

10. seha says:

is this genuine

11. Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The whole glance of your website is fantastic, let alone the content!

12. URL says:

A genuinely exciting examine, I could possibly not concur entirely, but you do make some genuinely legitimate points. 221196

13. Homepage says:

… [Trackback]…

[...] Read More: globalgranary.org/2011/09/30/reset-eset-nod32-admin-settings-password/ [...]…

14. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to present one thing back and aid others like you helped me.

15. Shirley says:

Easily done. I forget my password/PIN all the time and it is quite annoying especially with credit cards.

16. jean says:

Wow, thanks to the Admin for the information.

Did your job gave you a proper commendation for that excellent work you did?

17. jean says:

That is so funny. The sad thing is that it could happen quite easily. I change my password all the time because I can never remember them.

Leave a Response