Tuna in Creamy Mustard Sauce Recipe
This tangy mustard sauce goes perfectly well with these succulent pieces of plump tuna belly.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inches length
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and quartered and then cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground (use mortar and pestle to grind)
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds tuna belly, cut into bite-size pieces
- Parsley to decorate
1. Combine the mustard, soy sauce, ginger and lime juice. Set aside.
2.. Slowly stir in the olive oil. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Steam the green beans (string beans) and carrots until tender. Set aside.
4. Using a casserole pan or even a wok, heat up the mustard mix and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Carefully set the tuna belly pieces in the casserole pan or wok and let the tuna soak in the mustard sauce. Cook for a minute or until all sides have turned opaque white.
6. Gently stir in the steamed green beans and carrots.
Serve the tuna belly pieces and pour the delicious creamy mustard sauce all over them.
Decorate with a small twig of parsley!
Enjoy with salad or a small bowl of freshly boiled rice.