Max’s Fried Chicken Recipe
During a recent holiday in the Philippines, we visited Max’s Restaurant a lot as we were staying in a hotel nearby.
I have to say, Max’s fried chicken is really something. It is soft and moist in the inside and it is crispy at the outside. Simply tasty. If you happened to go to the Philippines, be sure to try one of Max’s chicken. 🙂
I thought since we eat a lot of chicken in the UK, how can I make it taste like Max’s?!!!
So I trawled the internet and this is the recipe that I got.
- 1 medium size whole corn-fed or organic chicken
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 2 heaped tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced finely
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Use a large steamer; if the steamer is not large enough to contain the whole chicken then cut the chicken in half.
- Add the water to the steamer and bring to a boil.
- Drop in the bay leaves and chopped parsley into the boiling water
- Arrange the chicken into the steamer and cook for 50 minutes.
- Take out the chicken from the steamer to let any excess liquid drip out. Set it aside for half an hour.
- Rub minced garlic, salt and pepper all over the chicken and the inside cavities.
- In a deep-fryer or large casserole pan, heat the cooking oil.
- Deep-fry the chicken. If the oil does not cover the whole chicken, carefully turn the chicken round until it is golden all over.
- Remove the chicken and let it drip and cool down a little.
- Serve hot with gravy or choice of sauces.