We had a really yummy mushroom stroganoff at the Equinox Ball last night. I thought then that I would try to cook it at home as my husband and I both adore mushroom. I googled for the recipe and found this on the BBC food website. Seem the recipe is good and really straight forward. I shall try this recipe and post some of my own photos soon, meanwhile the BBC recipe is as follows:
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion , finely chopped
1 tbsp paprika
2 garlic cloves , crushed
300g mixed mushrooms , chopped
150 ml beef or vegetable stock (2 cubes of beef or vegetable bouillon cubes dissolved in 3 cups of hot water)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp half-fat soured cream
small bunch parsley , roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick casserole pan and fry the onion until soften, this may take about 5 mins under fairly low heat.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for a minute.
- Turn up the heat to medium to high and add mushrooms, stir frying for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce had thicken.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the sour cream, ensure that the pan is not of the heat as the cream will curdle if heated.
- Serve with a good sprinkle of chopped parley.
Best eaten with freshly boiled rice.