Mango Panna Cotta (Mango Pudding)
Oopps, though the photo seems to be slightly saucy, LOL, this pudding is absolutely delicious. Just right to cleanse the palate after some feasting on Chinese or Italian food or even Indian food. It is a grown up jelly pudding. 🙂
- 3 ripe mangoes, peel and remove the seed, be sure to scrape every bit of the sweet fragrant flesh from the seed.
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin sheets
- 160ml milk or coconut milk
- 60ml whole cream
- ½ – 1 cup granulated sugar (according to your taste)
- To soften the gelatin sheets, they must be soaked in water.
- Using a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat half of the milk or coconut milk, sugar and the soaked gelatin over slow fire.
- Stir continuously to help dissolve the gelatin as well as the sugar into the liquid. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the mango cubes into a blender and whizz until liquidised.
- Pour the mango smoothie into the the heated milk/coconut milk.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Then stir in the whole cream until completely incorporated.
- For smoother texture use a sieve to pour in this concoction into individual ramekins or jelly molds.
- Set aside to cool down and then transfer them in the fridge to set and chill.
- Serve decorated with sliver of fruits and more liquidised mangoes.