The Golden Piggy poster, NTV Japan : L2R: Kenta Kiritani, Masaki Okada, Ryoko Shinohara, Yu Oisumi & Katsuhisa Namase
Ogon no Buta – Japanese Drama
I watched the 10-episode series last night!
It was most interesting. In fact I would go as far as recommend this to every tax-paying person.
The story has something to do with how taxes are paid and how it should be used but sometimes is mis-used.
How it is being mis-used by various government agency is what this drama is all about.
The world is controlled by money and also humans are controlled by money!!!
Pako Salad, Photo by Ruben Ortega
Pako (Fern) Salad
Back when we were little children in Marag, Philippines, pako became a staple diet. It was in our dinner table at least once a week. We ate a lot of it so much that we kids 🙂 should have grown into goats 🙂 or hated it after a while. But I have always a vibrant and positive memory of pako.
Gathering pako is an adventure for us youngster. We had to roam a dense growth of greens at the mouth of a forest and try to pick the young furling sprouts of pako. Thank goodness they grow profusely together and therefore picking them one by one was not much of a chore.
Pako can be prepared in plenty of ways, it can be blanched and made into a salad, it can be left fresh as it is as a salad as well or cook and added into various kind of inabraw, an Ilocano way of cooking.
Below is another pako salad recipe.
- 1 large bunch pako (fern)
- 2 salted eggs or hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- sprinkling of salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- prepare the pako by removing any tough stalk.
- Bring a large pot of boiling water. Blanch the pako by quickly dipping them into the hot water. Leave for a minute and drain.
- Arranged the pako on a serving platter.
- Put the tomatoes and onion on top then garnish with the slices of salted eggs.
- Make a typical Filipino dressing by mixing the vinegar, fish sauce, black pepper, sugar and a very little salt. Stir it in thoroughly for the granules to dissolve.
- Pour the dressing all over the pako.
- Serve immediately.
Sengyou Shufu Tantei
This drama is also called My Shadow and Detective Housewife.
This drama actually is very memorable not only because the lead woman Fukada Kyoko is so pretty and the two male leads are gorgeous.
No, the drama actually tackles corporate espionage, marriage, love, trust, infidelity and forgiveness, amongst other things.
Serina is married to Fumi, who works in a large corporation. Serina is a stay at home wife who is utterly devoted to her husband, that often she would confess that she is her husband’s shadow and proud of it.
Fumi’s work is competitive and stressful and often involved weekend away from home and pretty late nights meetings. His chief, a woman, started seducing him. Before too long he was attracted to her and succumbed to lust. 🙁
Serina on the otherhand, purely on misconception and accident, secretly started working for a detective agency as an assistant to Jinnai, who developed feelings for her because of her innocence and purity. Jinnai gave Serina self-worth and confidence.
Despite of all the care and compassion from Jinnai, who confessed his feelings for her, Serina remained steadfast with her fidelity to Fumi.
Serina loved Fumi with all her heart and forgave him.
It is an enjoyable series. Well recommended.
Yang Yang – Chinese Actor
Yang Yang is a Chinese actor & singer.
His career went mega stratospheric that he was commemorated in an official stamp. 🙂 I can understand this as he has got a perfect profile 🙂 🙂 🙂
He was only asked to carry the Olympic torch in 2016.
Here he is singing.
Films & Tv Dramas:
- Love 020, (he made such impression on me 🙂 )
- Tornado Girl
- Once Upon a Time
- The Left Ear
Hu Yi Tian – Chinese Actor
Hu Yi Tian is a young Chinese actor. He recently starred in an unbelievably sweet drama as a young proud genius who fell in love with a cute energetic girl.
The drama, A Love So Beautiful, was so popular that Hu Yi Tian has been given an award as one of the three actors of potential of the year during the star studded Tencent 2017 award ceremony.
Hu Yi Tian has previously been cast in another successeful drama ‘Love ’til the end of Summer in a minor role.
Click here for his performances of Chasing the Light, OST for Love Til the End of Summer at the China Drama 2017 Awards and ‘I Like You So Much You’ll Know it (A Love so Beautiful OST) during the New Year’s Countdown concert in China,
Having seen him in his second/latest role as Jiang Chen, he will go far.
Hope he does another drama with Yue Shen. They had such a good chemistry, that fans would easily suspect that there was real attraction there. 🙂 🙂 🙂
DOB: 26 December 1993 (24)
Dramas & Films
Straight from the Horse’s Mouth: 🙂 🙂 🙂
- He had his first girl friend at 18.
- He has had 3 girl friends so far.
- He likes DIY. (Do it yourself) He made his own leather wallet.
- He is good at cooking.
- He used to hate the mole in his nose but has grown to like it.
- He was popular in high school and had girls chasing after him.
- To all the girls out there, Hu Yi Tian wants someone who is respectful, with good conduct and academic performance. His ideal type is innocent, kind, cute, lively and cheerful. (No wonder he was so good as Jiang Chen. Xiao Xi is actually Hu Yi Tian’s ideal!!!) LOL
- Heightwise – he wants a girl between 1.4 – 1.8m tall.
My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari!!)
This is a Japanese film. It is some sort of ‘beauty and the beast’ love story.
It is just the cutest, sweetest and unexpected story. A kawaii girl fell in love with a boy who could double for Shrek. Actually he is much handsomer than Shrek. 🙂
He is Takeo, he has thick eyebrows, massive physique and the kindest of heart.
He has a best-friend, Suna, who is a storybook gorgeous and popular with girls.
During their middle school graduation, Takeo resolved to confess his love to a girl but found her confessing to Suna.
Takeo was heartbroken but reasoned that Suna is very handsome and a good guy.
When Takeo and Suna were in college, they saw a girl being harassed by a boy. Takeo intervened. The girl was Rinko, a cute girl.
Rinko instantly fell in love with him and he with her. But there was a misunderstanding. Because all the girls were always go for Suna, he thought Rinko liked Suna rather than him as well. And Rinko got upset because Takeo pushes her towards Suna all the time.
It took Suna to finally get the two together. It is such a lovely, kilig, cute story
This is an engaging Chinese film. It is about a couple who have been together for ten years. Liang Xia is now 28 years old and really wanted to get married with her boyfriend who she had been living with for 5 years.
But her boyfriend, Mao Liang, is so focused with his job and seemed to be cooling off from their relationship and even broach the subject of actually breaking up.
Heartbroken, Liang Xia wandered the street. She met a mysterious man who gave her a box of chocolate. Upon eating one, she suddenly turned into her old 17 years old self. Someone who was feisty, confident, artistic and carefree. It was a new life for old life.
The chocolate has at least six hours effect and then she goes back to normal.
As she started eating more of the magic chocolate, she started to change, more confident and she also fell in love with a young boy.
This turn of event puzzled her old boyfriend. She is no longer the clingy rather neurotic girl.
When all the chocolate had gone her transformation was complete, she is now a confident independent woman, who does not rely or expect marriage from the boyfriend, who she broke up with.
The movie ends with her gorgeous ex boyfriend running around town buck naked to get her attention. Ahhhhh
Chicken feet Adobo, photo by Ruben Ortega
chicken feet, photo by PH Morton
Adidas is the name given to chicken feet. Obviously as a homage to the great trainers brand.
The raw chicken feet photo was taken by Peter during one of our shopping at the wet market of Pritil in Tondo, Manila, Philippines.
To be truthful, I have not really tasted chicken feet before but Peter had. He said it was taste but rather rubbery. I’ll take his word for it. 🙂
- 1-2 lbs chicken feet, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried chilli
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cups water
Method of Preparation:
- Clean the chicken feet thoroughly and trim all claws. Butchers usually would have trimmed the scary claws already. 🙂
- Heat a large saucepan or a wok and add the chicken feet with the soy sauce, vinegar and water.
- Also add the bay leaves, peppercorn, sugar and half of the crushed garlic. Do not stir. Bring this to a boil and then lower down the heat and leave to simmer for three quarters of an hour. (45 minutes)
- Remove the chicken feet from the remaining liquid. Drain and then set aside the stewed feet. Do not discard the liquid sauce from the wok. Pour in a container and set aside.
- Clean the wok and heat.
- Add the oil. Stir in the remaining garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add the dried chilli.
- Stir in the fried chicken feet and fry until sizzling hot.
- Pour in the liquid sauce and heat for a minute or two.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy with a few beers.
Jang Hyuk – Korean Actor
Jang Hyuk is a Korean actor, who has the most captivating sexy laugh. His rather guttural throaty way of talking would send chills through your spine 🙂
He looks wickedly handsome as well. A true romantic hero.
He is very versatile. He is watchable whether in drama, mystery, historical or comedy.
Films & Drama
- Fated to Love (my favourite); I love this drama so much. His chemistry with Jang Na Ra is just amazing.
- The Flu, I love this film.
- Beautiful Mind