Beef Curry Recipe
This recipe is one of melt in the mouth goodness.
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 green finger chillies, sliced
- 6 black cardamom pods
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1kg diced stewing beef
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed casserole pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onions for around 5-7 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Tip in the ginger and garlic, quickly followed by the cinnamon stick, chillies, cardamom, peppercorns and cloves. Take a moment to inhale the marriage of these wonderful aroma. 🙂
- Add half a cup of cold water and gently bring to a boil, stirring, lower down the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Turn the heat up the heat slightly, add beef to the pan and brown thoroughly, coating the meat in the simmering spice base.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 40 minutes to an hour or until the beef looks chocolately brown from the sauce. 🙂
- Add the tinned tomatoes, curry powder, ground coriander and garam masala along with 2 and a half cups of water.
- Season by adding salt.
- Give it a good stir and then cover and cook for another 30 to 40 minutes over a very low heat.
- Cook for a further 1 and a half hours with the casserole uncovered.
- Sprinkle with coriander and now ready to serve with some aromatic rice like pilau rice.