Spaghetti with Shrimp Pesto
- 500g Spaghetti (dried or fresh)
- ½ lb shrimp/prawn, peeled, deveined and tailed off
- ¾ – 1 CUP PESTO SAUCE
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or chopped finely
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Fresh Pesto Recipe
- 50g pine nuts
- 80g basil
- 50g Parmesan
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Dry fry the pine nuts until golden.
- Put the pine nuts into a food processor together with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour the pesto into a jar and cover with a little extra oil, then seal and store in the fridge. It will keep in a fridge for a good couple of weeks.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil and cook spaghetti according to the packet’s instruction.
No 1 way: Drain and arrange over a large serving plate as above photo. (then top with the pesto and shrimp)
No 2 way is to return the pasta back into the pan, adding the pesto and 25g of parmesan. Toss well, then transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan. Then arrange cooked shrimps on top.
Concurrently, heat a saucepan, add the olive oil, minced garlic, shrimp and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Stir until shrimps are opaquely reddish. This might take about 5 minutes.
Once shrimp are fully cooked, add the pesto and stir well. Use as topping for no 1 way.
PS No1 or No2 only differs on how you want to present the dish, both taste the same. 🙂